Help with a Federal Agency
If this requires immediate attention, please call the district office nearest you. Harrisonburg, (540) 432-2391, Staunton (540) 885-3861, Lynchburg (434) 845-8306, Roanoke (540) 857-2672.
If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the Sixth Congressional District of Virginia may contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to our office.
The following forms may also be printed, filled out, and returned to any Sixth Congressional District office:
- General Authorization Form
- Immigration Privacy Release
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service Privacy Release
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.