Tours and Tickets
All tickets are provided to constituents on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the large number of visitors, please request them as early as possible in order to maximize your chances. For information on sightseeing and attractions, please visit the Washington, DC Tourism Information page.
At this time, tours of most federal buildings, including the U.S. Capitol, remain suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the below institutions have recently reopened to the public with limited access. If you are interested in visiting any of the below locations, be sure to click on the hyperlink as tickets may be required.
- White House
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- National Air and Space Museum’s Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Chantilly, VA)
- National Museum of American History
- National Museum of the American Indian
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- National Portrait Gallery
- American Art Museum
- Renwick Gallery
White House Tickets
White House tours resumed in a limited capacity on September 12. Tours are now hosted two days a week instead of five, on Friday and Saturday, from 8:00am to 11:00am and the number of guests will be limited to 18% of normal capacity. Further, safety precautions will be in place such as the requiring of wearing masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizer will be readily available.
Obtaining a White House tour can be very difficult. It is very important to follow the below guidelines for your application to be considered.
- Requests for tours must be submitted at least three months in advance, though White House tours fill up quickly.
- An email from the White House will arrive seven days before a scheduled tour. You will need to manually confirm your tour using this email.